PreScience Labs Board Members
Mohammed Abdulmalik, Board Member
- Chairman, PSL Angels.
- 20 years of extensive experience in the Corporate and Investment Banking sector.
- Ex–Chief Executive Officer of Capivest, a Bahraini investment bank.
- Managed the regional business development in the Middle East and North Africa for Deutsche Bank Asset Management.
- Headed the GCC business development team of UBS Global Asset Management.
- Headed the GCC institutional business development at JP Morgan.
Jean–Francois Geschwind, M.D., Founder, CEO, Board Member
- Professor of Radiology, Surgery and Oncology and the Director of the Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology at the Johns Hopkins University School
of Medicine, Chief of Interventional Radiology Research at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and the Director of the Interventional Radiology Center at the
Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Dr. Geschwind received his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine in 1991. He completed residency training as a Research Scholar
(sponsored by the National Institutes of Health) in Diagnostic Radiology at the University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) in 1996,
where his research focused on cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Dr. Geschwind completed his training in Vascular and Interventional
Radiology at Johns Hopkins and joined the faculty in 1998. In 2002, he was appointed to his current position, and in 2007 was promoted to Professor of Radiology,
Surgery and Oncology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Authored or co–authored more than 350 published scientific articles and abstracts on interventional oncology and specifically the treatment
of liver cancer and delivered over 200 keynote speeches at scientific assemblies, annual meetings and symposia. In addition, Dr. Geschwind has co–authored the
first book dedicated to interventional radiology entitled, Interventional Oncology: Principles and Practice.
Dr. Geschwind is currently co–editing the Abrams
Angiography: Interventional Radiology book.
- Served as Principal or Co–Investigator in over 40 clinical trials with a focus on treating hepatic cancer and other malignancies.
- Dr. Geschwind has received numerous national and international awards, including the Alexander Margulis Society Excellence in Research Award from
UCSF in 1995, the Annual Memorial Award from the Association of University Radiologists in 1994 and the Dr. Gary J. Becker Young Investigator Award
from the Society of Interventional Radiologists in 2000. In 2001, he was named American Roentgen Ray Society Scholar, and he received the Society’s 2003
Certificate of Merit. More recently, he was awarded the Merit Award from the American Society of Clinical Oncology for pioneering work in the field of
drug delivery for liver cancer. Dr. Geschwind has been invited by the European Society of Radiology to deliver the Wilhelm Roentgen Honorary Lecture entitled,
“Interventional Oncology: the Era of Molecular Targeted Therapy” at ECR 2013.
- Dr. Geschwind serves as Consultant to the Editor of the Journal Radiology, and is on several Editorial Boards including the main interventional
radiology journal Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology. He is a founding member of the International Liver Cancer Association and is an active
member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American Association for Cancer Research, the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group,
the Radiology Society of North America, the Society of Interventional Radiology, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the Association of University
Radiologists and the Cardiovascular and Interventional Society of Europe. Serves on Advisory Boards of various companies including Bayer,
Biosphere Medical, Biocompatibles and Philips Medical Systems.
John Huntz, Board Member
- Executive Director, global head of the venture capital, Arcapita.
- 26 years experience in the private equity business.
- Chairman of the board of Manhattan Associates, chairman of CardioMEMS, and serves on the Board of Proficient Systems.
Jason Rifkin, President, Board Member
- Joined PreScience Labs in January 2013. He has extensive industry experience in the healthcare field, with an emphasis on the early stage, developmental sector.
- Prior to joining PreScience, Jason spent nearly six years with Delcath Systems, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical and medical device company focused on oncology,
where he held a number of executive positions, most recently as the company’s Vice President of Commercial Programs, overseeing a number of the efforts of
transitioning Delcath from a developmental stage company to a commercial operation.
- Prior to joining Delcath, Jason was a practicing attorney with Fox Rothschild LLP, where he served as an Associate in the Corporate Department–Pharmaceuticals
and Biotechnology Group.
- Jason received a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Pennsylvania, a Law Degree from Northeastern University School of Law and a Masters of
Biotechnology from The University of Pennsylvania, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the New York Chapter of the American Liver Foundation.
Eric Rowinsky, MD, Board Member
- Recognized cancer expert, clinical consultant.
- Experience includes serving as:.
- Chief Medical Officer and EVP Clinical Development and Regulatory of ImClone Systems.
- Director of Clinical Research Cancer Therapy & Research Center’s Institute of Drug Development.
- Clinical Professor of Medicine , University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
- Associate Professor of Oncology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Biogen.